The establishment of this Unit was a product of National University Commission (NUC) policy recommendation to all Universities that this Office should be created as a Unit under the Office of the Vice Chancellor for the purpose of direct supervision by the Chief Executive. At the inception of this University in 1988, the Physical Planning Unit was created along side with other units until 2010 when it became a Directorate.
The Directorate is responsible for the Physical development; planning, coordinating, monitoring, processing and evaluation of overall physical development and space management of the University according to the University Master Plan for an orderly and well coordinated development.
The Directorate consists of various inter-disciplines in the construction industry and can be classified into the following Units:
Engineers (Surveying, Civil and Structural Engineers)
Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
The major activities of the Directorate including the following:-
- Preliminary works on new projects including siting, surveying and supervisions.
- Providing briefs on all new projects by liaising with the User Departments and relevant units of the University.
- Co-coordinate and supervise the activities of all Consultants on University projects.
- Collation and evaluation of tender report and selection of Consultants and Contractors.
- Make recommendations on the appointment of Consultants and Contractors.
- Continuously plan, coordinate, monitor, process and evaluate the physical implementation of the University Master Plan.
- Prepare necessary Due Process and Procurement papers for the projects execution.
- Prepare necessary documents for submission to the National Universities Commission, Central Bank, Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) and other funding/donor organizations.
- Prepare routine progress reports at regular on all Capital projects.
- May serve as Consultant on minor projects.
Profile of the Ag.Head - Arc. Babatunde Adenrele Anasanwo
Arc Babatunde Adenrele Anasanwo was born on 1st June, 1962 in Wusasa, Zaria. A graduate of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria with degrees of B.Sc Hons (Architecture) and M. Sc (Architecture) 1986.
Member of some professional and academic bodies namely:- Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA), Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM), Architects’ Registration Council (ARCON) and Association of Architectural Educators (AARCHES) and recently an alumnus of Galilee International Management Institute (GIMI) Israel.
In additional, he has varies and many years experience in Architecture and Project Administration outside and within the University system. Projects handled recently are:- ICT Resource Center; 750 Seater Laboratory Complex; 1000 seater Lecture Theatre; Entrepreneurship Center Building; Vice –Chancellor Lodges Complex; 2500 Seater Auditorium etc.
Aside from Technical and Professional duties, he is also engaged in other administrative assignments and committees compatible with Physical planning and Development.