(1) Isolation and partial characterization of acid phosphatase from the haemolymph of
giant Africansnail, Archchatina marginata, B.Sc. Dissertation (Nov. 1991).
(2) Structure and mechanism of action of ß-glucosidase from the haemolymph of giant
African snail,Archachatina marginata, M.Sc. Thesis (Dec. 1997).
(3) Paraqaut toxicity and its mode of action in leafy vegetables and rats, Ph.D Thesis, (Jan.
(b) JOURNAL ARTICLES (in print).
(1) Afolayan, A., Agboola, F.K and Akinloye, O.A. (1997): Some properties of ß-
glucosidasefrom the haemolymph of the giant African land snail, Archachatina marginata. Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 12; 43-51, Published by Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.www.njbmb.org.
(2) Akinloye, O.A. and Olorede, B.R. (2000): Effect of different feeding conditions on
performance, haemolymph biochemical and mineral value of giant African snail,
Archachatina marginata. Journal of Agriculture and Environment. 1 (1); 143-147,
Published by Faculty of Agriculture, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Nigeria.
(3) Akinloye, O.A. and Olorede, B.R. (2000): Effect of Amaranthus spinosus (Linn) leaf
extract on haematology and serum chemistry of rats. Nigerian Journal of Natural
Products and Medicine. 04; 78-81, Published by The Nigerian Society of Pharmacognosy.www.njnpm.org.
(4) Akinloye, O.A. and Olorede, B.R. (2001): Effect of Amaranthus spinosus (Linn) leaf
extracton plasma lipid levels in rats. Sokoto Journal of Veterinary Sciences. 3(1); 18-22,Published by Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto,Nigeria.
(5) Olorede, B.R., Akinloye, O.A. and Saidu, H. (2001): Acacia nilotica (Bagaruwa) seed
pods as a replacement for maize in diets for rabbits, Nigerian Journal of Experimental and Applied Biology. 2(2); 141-145, Published by the Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Sciences, University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri, Nigeria. www.njeab.org.
(6) Ajagbonna, O.P., Esaigun, P.E., Alayande, M.O. and Akinloye, O.A. (2002): Antimalaria
activity and haematological effect of stem bark water extract of Nauclea latifolia. BioscienceResearch Communications. 14(5); 481-486, Published by Nigerian Society for Experimental Biology. www.brc.org.
(7)Akinloye, O.A., Ahmed,A.S., Olorede, B.R. and Ajagbonna, O.P. (2002): Some
biochemical effects of various doses of aqueous seed extracts of Cassia occidentalis in rabbits. BioscienceResearch Communications.15(1); 85-90, Published by Nigerian Society for Experimental Biology. www.brc.org.
(8) Akinloye, O.A. (2003): An evaluation of the toxic effects of Hyptis suaveolens leaf in
rats.Nigerian Journal Natural Products and Medicine. Vol. 07; 49-52, Published by the Nigerian Society of Pharmacognosy. www.njnpm.org.
(9) Akinloye, O. A., Idowu, C.O and Oke, T.O. (2004): Metal content and physicochemical
properties of some beverages. An International Journal of Agricultural Sciences,
Sciences, Environment and Technology (ASSET), Series B. 3(1); 43-51, Published by FederalUniversity of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria.www.unaab.edu.ng/asset/
(10)Idowu, A.B., Akinloye, O.A and Ifede, O.D. (2006): Effects of Hyptis suaveolens
ethanolic extract on physiology of albino rats. Zoologist. 1(4); 75-79, Published by Zoological Society of Nigeria.
(11) Idowu, A.B., Akinloye, O.A. and Ogunlaru, O.O. (2006): Comparative studies of the
effects of Amaranthus spinosus and Amaranthus caudatus leaf extract on the
physiology of albino rats. Zoologist. 1(4); 45-48, Published by Zoological Society of
(12) Akinloye, O.A. and Adamson, I. (2007): Developmental variability in some enzymic
antioxidant properties of some vegetables commonly consumed in Nigeria. An
International Journal of Agricultural Sciences, Sciences, Environment and Technology (ASSET), Series B.6(2); 109-118, Published by Federal University of Agriculture,Abeokuta, Nigeria. www.unaab.edu.ng/asset/
(13) Adeniyi, T.T., Ajayi,G.O and Akinloye, O.A (2008): Effect of ascorbic acid and Allium
sativum on tissue lead level in female Rattus navigicus. Nigerian Journal of Health and Biomedical Sciences.7(2); 38-41, Published by College of Medicine, Lagos StateUniversity, Lagos, Nigeria.http://www.inasp.info/ajol.
(14) Adekunle, I.M., Ogundele, J.A., Oguntoke., O and Akinloye, O.A. (2010): Assessment
of blood and urine lead levels of some pregnant women residing in Lagos, Nigeria. Environmental Monitoring Assessment. 170; 467-474, Published by Springer. www.springer.environ.monit.assess.com.
(15) Idowu, O.M.O., Ajuwon, R.O., Oso, A.O and Akinloye, O.A. (2011): Effects of Zinc
supplementation on laying performance, serum chemistry and Zn residues in tibia bone,liver, excreta and egg shell of laying hens. International Journal of Poultry Science.10(3); 225-230, Published by Asian Network for Scientific Information, www.ansinet.org/ijps.
(16) Akinloye, O.A, Adamson, I., Ademuyiwa, O. and Arowolo, T.A. (2011): Paraquat
toxicity and its mode of action in some commonly consumed vegetables in Abeokuta,Nigeria. International Journal Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 3(4); 75-82, Published by Academic Journals. www.academicjournals.org/ijppb.
(17) Akinloye, O.A and Solanke,O.O. (2011): Evaluation of hypolipidemic and potential
antioxidanteffects of pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan (L) mill sp) leaves in alloxan-inducedhyperglycemic rats. Journal of Medicinal Plant Research. 5(12); 2521-2524, Published by Academic Journals, Nigeria. www.academicjournals.org/JMPR.
(18) Idowu, O.M.O., Ajuwon, O.R., Fafiolu, A.O., Oso, A.O and Akinloye, O.A. (2011):
Modulation of cholesterol and copper residue levels in muscles and blood serum of
finishing broiler chickens fed copper and ascorbic acid supplements. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition. 10(8); 781-985, Published by Asian Network for Scientific Information. www.pjn.org.
(19) Akinloye, O.A., Adamson, I., Ademuyiwa, O and Arowolo, T.A.(2011):Occurrence of
paraquat residues in some Nigerian crops, vegetables and fruits. Journal of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology. 3(7); 195-198, Published by AcademicJournals.www.academicjournals.org/JECE.
(20) Lasisi, A.A., Folarin, O.M., Dare, E.O., Akinloye, O.A. and Fisuyi, M.O. (2011):
Phytochemical, antibacterial and cytotoxic evaluation of Raphiostylis beninensis
[Hook F. ex Planch] stem bark extract. International Journal of Pharma and Bioscience. 2(3); 489-495, Published by International Journal of Pharma and Bioscience, Indexed in Elsevier Bibliography. www.ijpbs.net.
(21) Akinloye, O.A., Adamson, I., Ajayi, O.E., Ademuyiwa, O and Arowolo, T.A. (2011):
Changes in superoxide dismutase and catalase activities in response to paraquat
treatments in two different varieties of Celocia vegetables. International Journal of
Scientific Research. 1(2); 127-133. Published by International Centre for
Advanced Studies – Nebadhoi School – Para, Dattapubar, North 24 Prgs, West Bengal.www.ijsr.org.
(22) Akinloye, O.A and Olaniyi, M.O. (2011): Hepatoprotective effect of Cajanus cajan on
tissue defense system in D-galactosamine-induced hepatitis in rats. Turkish Journal of Biochemistry. 36(3); 237-241, Published by Turkish Biochemical Society.
(23) Akinloye, O.A., Adamson, I., Ademuyiwa, O and Arowolo, T.A. (2011): Supplementation of vitamins C, E and its combination on paraquat intoxicated rats: Effects on some biochemical and markers of oxidative stress parameters. Advances in Bioresearch. 2(2); 92-100, Published by Society of Education, India.
(24) Akinloye, O.A., Adeniyi, T.T and Adamson, I. (2011): Beneficial effects of thiamine and ascorbic acid and its combination on paraquat toxicity in rats. Folia Veterinaria. 55(3); 73-76, Published by University of Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy in Kosice.
(25) Sam-Wobo, S.O., Agbeyangi, O.A., Ekpo, U.F., Akinloye, O.A., Mafiana, C.F and Adeleke, M.A. (2012): Rectal artesunates, their utilization and parental perception in the management of malaria in Children from Abeokuta Southwestern Nigeria. Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases. 12(2); 151-155, Published by Mary Ann Liebert Incorporation.
(26) Akinloye, O.A, Ayankojo, A.G and Olaniyi, M.O. (2012): Hepatoprotective activity of Cochlospermum tinctorium against carbon tetrachloride induced hepatotoxicity in rats. Romania Journal of Biochemistry. 49(1); 3-12, Published by Romanian Society of Biochemistry.
(27) Adeyi, A.O., Idowu, B.A., Mafiana, C.F., Oluwalana, S.A., Ajayi, O.L and Akinloye, O.A. (2012): Rat model of food-induced non-obese-type 2 diabetes mellitus: comparative pathophysiology and histopathology. International Journal of Physiology, Pathophysiology and Pharmacology. 4(1); 51-58, Published by Central e-Century Publishing Corporation, Madison. Indexed in PubMed. www.ijppp.org/index.html.
(28) Akinloye, O.A., Balogun, E.A., Kareem, S.O and Mosaku, O.S. (2012): Partial purification and characterization of α-glusocidase from Trichoderma longibrachiatum. Biokemistri. 24(1); 31-37, Published by the Nigerian Society for Experimental Biology. http://www.bioline.org.br/bk.
(29) Balogun, E.A., Akinloye, O.A., Lasisi, A.A and Adeyi, O.E. (2012): Biochemical and Histological changes associated with treatment of malaria and diabetes mellitus in mice with extracts of Mormodiaca charantia. Biokemistri.24(1); 38-47, Published by the Nigerian Society for Experimental Biology. http://www.bioline.org.br/bk.
(30) Ilesanmi, F.F., Arowora, K.A., Ilesanmi, O.S., Agboola, A.A., Oyelakin, M.O., Akinloye, O.A and Olagbaju, A.R. (2012): Effect of storage on the shelf life of dehydrated fermented locust beans. Journal of Agricultural Research and Development. 11(1); 60-66, Published by the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria.
(31) Akinloye, O.A., Oshilaja, R.T., Okelanfa, O.A., Akinloye, D.I and Idowu, O.M.O. (2013) Hypoglyceamic activity of Alstonia boonei stem bark in mice. Agriculture and Biology Journal of North America. 4(1); 1-5, Published by ScienceHuß. http://www.scihub.org/ABJNA.
(32) Akinloye, O.A. and Olaniyi, M.O (2012) Nephrotoxicity and hepatotoxicity evaluation in wistar albino rats exposed to Nauclea latifolia leaf extracts. Pertanika Journal of Tropical Agricultural Science. 35(3): 593-601, Published byUniversiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, Malaysia. http://www.pertanika.upm.edu.my/
(33) Akinloye, O.A., Oyelakin, O.O., Adediran, M.O., Pereira, C and Adekunle, O.O.(2013):Effects of paraquat on genetic diversity and protein profiles of six varieties of Celosia in South-Western Nigeria. Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences. 4(1); 66-72, Published by Scholarlink Research Institute, University of Newcastle. Jeteas.scholarlinkresearch.org.
(34) Akinloye, O.A., Abioye,O.A., Olaojoyetan, O.E., Awosika., O.T and Akinloye, D.I. (2013) Dose-dependent effects of paraquat on C-reactive protein, some lipid profile parameters and histology of tissues in male albino rats, Ife Journal of Science. 15(1); 189-195, Published by Faculty of Science, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
(35) Odusola, K.B., Ilesanmi, F.F and Akinloye, O.A. (2013): Assessment of nutritional composition and antioxidant ability of pearl millet (Pennisetum glaucum). American Journal of ResearchCommunication. 1(6); 262-272, www.usa-journals.com.
(36) Idowu, C.O., Afolayan, D.O., Oke, O.T., Olaniran, O., Akinloye,O.A and Awodumila, O.O. (2013):Effect of haart on some haematological parameters, correlation between total lymphocyte and CD4 counts of HIV clients attending SSH, Ikole-Ekiti.InternationalJournal of Biological and Medical Research. 4(3); 3265-3270, Published by BioMedSciDirect. http://www.biomedscidirect.com.
(37) Agbeyangi, O.A., Sam-Wobo, S.O., Ekpo, U.F., Akinloye, O.A., Mafiana, C.F., Oduwole, O.A., Adediran, O.A., Dedeke, I.O and Oniwide, T.R. (2013): Options and prospects of management of malaria with rectal artesunate in Abeokuta South-Western Nigeria. Journal of Current Research in Science. 1(6); 507-512. www.jcrs010.com.
(38) Agbeyangi, O.A., Sam-Wobo, S.O., Ekpo, U.F., Akinloye, O.A., Mafiana, C.F., Oduwole, O.A., Adediran, O.A., Dedeke, I.O and Oniwide, T.R. (2013): Artesunates suppository for Pre-Referral treatment of complicated and severe Falciparum malaria in under five attending two health facilities in Abeokuta, Nigeria. Journal of Current Research in Science. 1(6); 526-532. www.jcrs010.com.
(39) Ilesanmi, F.F., Akinloye, O.A and Ilesanmi, O.S. (2014): Comparative evaluation of in vitro antioxidant properties of Cajanus cajan seed and Moringa oleifera leaf extract. International Journal of Biochemistry Research and Review. 4(2); 163-172, Published by ScienceDomain. www.sciencedomain.org
(40) Biobaku, K.T.,Yusuf, A.A., Mshelbwala, F.M., Ajibola, E.S., Okediran, B.S and Akinloye, O.A. (2014): Sub-chronic toxicity study of Khaya senegalensis aqueous extract in rats. NigerianJournal of Animal Production.41(1); 235-243, Published by the Nigerian Society for Animal Production.
(41) Akinloye, O.A ., Balogun, E.A., Omotainse, S.O and Adeleye, O.O. (2014): Some untoward effects associated with the use of Biopreparation from Picralima nitida seed extract as antidiabetic agent: Biochemical and Histological Evidences. Biotechnologia Acta. 7(2); 92-105,Published by Palladin Institute of Biochemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
(42) Akinloye, O.A., Somade, O.T., Akindele, A.S., Adelabu, K.S., Elijah, F.T and Adewumi, O.J. (2014): Anticlastogenic and hepatoprotective properties of ginger (Zingiber officinale) extract against nitrobenzene-induced toxicity in rats. Romania Journal of Biochemistry. 51(1); 3-15, Published by Romanian Society of Biochemistry.
(43) Adegbenjo, A.A., Idowu, O.M.O., Oso, A.O., Adeyemi, O.A., Sobayo, R.A., Akinloye, O.A., Jegede, A.V., Osho, S.O and Williams, G.A. (2014): Effect of dietary supplementation with copper sulphate and copper proteinate on plasma trace elements, copper residues in meat tissues, organs, excreta and tibia bone of cockerels. Slovak Journal of Animal Science. 47 (3); 164-171. Official Publication of National Agricultural and Food Centre/ Research Institute for Animal Production Nitra, Slovak Republic.
(44) Abubakar, M.I., Ezeri, G.N.O., Omoniyi, I.T and Akinloye.O.A(2014): Histopathology of gills, liver and kidney of Clarias gariepinus (Burchell, 1982) exposed to sniper 1000EC under laboratory conditions. Journal of Medical and Applied Biosciences. 6(1); 44-60.
* Publications after submission for last promotion (i.e. after June 30, 2014)
x(45) Akinloye, O.A., Somade, O.T., Faokunla, O., Meshioye, D.O., Akinola, P.O., Ajayi, N and Ajala. T.D (2015) Ethanolic extract of Jatropha gossypifolia exacerbates potassium bromate-induced clastogenicity, hepatotoxicity and lipid peroxidation in rats. Biokemistri. 27(1); 1-7. Published by International Journal of the Nigerian Society for Experimental Biology.
x(46) Bamidele, J.A., Idowu, A.B., Ademolu, K.O and Akinloye, O.A(2015) Heavy metal accumulation and biochemical evaluation of earthworms from sawmills in Abeokuta, South-Western Nigeria. Revista de Biologia Tropical. 63(4): 1213-1221. Published by The Universidad de Costa Rica, San Jose-Costa Rica, Central America.
x(47) Akinloye, O.A., Balogun, E.A., Idowu, O.M.O., Hjoku, H and Ugbaja, R.N (2015) Biochemical, Toxicological and Histological changes associated with the use of Croton zambesicus as anti-malarial decoction. The Pacific Journal of Science and Technology 16(2), 198-215. Published by Akamai University, US.
x(48) Ugbaja, R.N., Owoeye, F.D., Akinloye, O.A and Dedeke, G.A (2015) An evaluation of Sorghum bicolor (Linn) Moench leaf sheath extract in high fat diet-induced obese rats. Ife Journal of Science17(3), 667-668. Published by The Faculty of Science, Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
x(49) Odusola, K.B., Ilesanmi, F.F., Akinloye,O.A., Ilesanmi, O.S and Zaka, K.O (2015) Nutrient composition and acceptability of cereal gruel (Ogi) produced form sorghum (Sorghum bicolour) and supplemented with soybeans (Glycine max) and Ginger (Zingiber officinale). Applied Tropical Agriculture, 20(2), 88-91. Published byThe School of Agriculture Technology, The Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria.
x(50) Metibemu, D.S., Salir, J.A., Metibemu, A.O., Oluwadahunsi, O.J., Oboh, G., Omotuyi, I.O and Akinloye,O.A (2016) Molecular docking studies of Isorhamnetin from Corchorus olitorius with target alpha-amylase related to type-2 diabetes. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 8(4), 1263-1266.
x(51) Arowosegbe, A.O., Ojo, D.A and Akinloye,O.A (2015) Diagnostic value of Procalcitonin in Neonatal Sepsis. Nigerian Journal of Paediatrics.43(1), 15-19. Published by The Department of Paediatric, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Anambra State, Nigeria.
x(52) Metibemu, D.S., Elekofehinti, O.O., Metibemu, A.O., Famuti, A., Adegbegi, J.A., Elelonu, O.C., Shodehinde, S.A., Omotuyi, I.O and Akinloye, O.A (2016) Kolaviron inhibition of aromatase of breast cancer, A step-ahead of exemestane, letrozole and anastrozole: Amolecular docking studies. The International Journal of Science and Technoledge, 4(6), 83-88. www.theijst.com.
Papers (Journal Articles) Already Accepted for Publication:
*(53) Lasisi, A.A., Olayiwola, M.A., Balogun, S.A., Akinloye, O.A and Ojo, D.O. (2012) Phytochemical composition, cytotoxicity and in vitro antiplasmodial activity of fractions from Alafia barteri olive (Hook F. Icon)- Apocynaceae.Journal of Saudi Chemical Society. Published and hosted by Elsevier on behalf of King Saud University, Saudi Arabia. Available online on Science Direct since 19th May, 2012. www.sciencedirect.com: http://dx.doiorg/10.1016/jscs.2012.04.011.
*(54) Ighodaro, O.M and Akinloye, O.A (2014) Sapium ellipticum (Hochst.) Pax leaf extract: In-vitro antioxidant activities and lethal dose (LD 50) determination in wistar rats. British Journal of Medicine and Medical Reseearch. Published by ScienceDomain, www.sciencedomain.org. Galley Proof attached.
*(55) Nupo, S.S., Oguntona, C.R.B., Oguntona, B and Akinloye, O.A. (2014) Salt intake of Civil Servants in Abeokuta, Ogun-State, Nigeria. American Journal of Food and Nutrition. Published by ScienceHuß. http://www.scihub.org/AJFN, (Letter of Acceptance dated April 12, 2014). Galley Proof attached.
x(56) Akinloye, O.A., Somade, O.T., Adekoya, T.O., Badmus, M.A., Ogunlusi, J.A and Mohammed, B (2015) Hibicus sabdariffa aqueous extract protected against diazepaminduced clastogenicity and hepatotoxicity in wistar rats. Romania Journal of Biochemistry. Published by Romanian Society of Biochemistry. (Letter of Acceptance dated May, 2015).
EDITED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS.
(57) Akinloye, O. A. (2000): Effect of aqueous extract of Habsicus sabdariffa calyx on plasma cholesterol level in rats: Proceedings of 24th Annual Conference of Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST), Nkama, I., Jideani, V.A and Ayo, J.A. (Eds.) 90-91. Published by NIFST.
(58) Junaidu, A.U., Olorede, B.R., Olekwu, K.L and Akinloye O.A. (2001): Studies on
skin diseases in tanning industries in Sokoto State of Nigeria: Proceedings of 38thAnnual Congress of theNigerian Veterinary Medical Association (NVMA), Sharubutu, G and Daneji, I. (Eds.) 218-220. Published by NVMA.
(59) Olorede, B.R., Saidu, Y., Abdurahim, I., Ajagbonna, O.P and Akinloye, O.A. (2002):
Blood chemistry and histopathology of cockerels fed cassava flour:Proceedings of 38thAnnual Congress of theNigerian Veterinary Medical Association (NVMA), Sharubutu, G and Daneji, I. (Eds.) 156-162. Published by NVMA.
(60) Olorede, B.R., Saidu, Y., Abdul, M and Akinloye O.A. (2002): Growth performance
andEconomics of cockerels fed cassava flour based diets. Proceedings of 7th Annual Conference of Animal Science Association of Nigerian (ASAN),Fanimo, A.O and Olanite, J.A (Eds.)247-248. Published by ASAN.
(61) Lasisi, A.A., Akinloye, O.A and Aperua, V.I. (2006): Evaluation of phytochemical,
haematological and toxicological properties of Malacantha alnifolia methanolic stembark extract in rats. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Science and National Development.Eromosele, I.C and Popoola, T.O.S (Eds.) 71-75. Published byCollege of Natural Sciences (COLNAS), University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (UNAAB), Nigeria.
*(62) Olayinka, O.T.,Idowu, A.B., Dedeke, G.A., Akinloye, O.A., Ademolu., K.O and
Bamgbola, A.A (2011) Earthworm as Biomarker of Heavy metal pollution around Lafarge, Wapco Cement Factory, Ewekoro, Nigeria. Proceedings of the Environmental Management Conference, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria, 489-496.
Last Updated on August 10, 2016 by FUNAAB