The College of Animal Science and Livestock Production (COLANIM), Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta was created in 1988 out of the then School of Technology of the old College of Science and Technology, Abeokuta. Currently, the College comprises five academic Departments as follows:
- Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Department of Animal Nutrition
- Department of Animal Physiology
- Department of Animal Production and Health, and
- Department of Pasture and Range Management
These Departments contribute courses to the B. Agric. Programme and have graduated students since the inception of the University using a curriculum that is subjected to periodic review as dictated by demands in the labour market. Students in all the departments, as for all other departments in Agric. Colleges, take common courses 100 – 300 levels as well as the Farm Practical Year programme (400 level) while more of departmental courses are taken in the final year.