Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta management deemed it worthwhile that the University Staff School be established to enable the staff of the University send their children and wards to a Nursery and Primary School with the intention of giving them qualitative education. Non-staff who wish to send their children to the school are allowed provided that they meet up with the requirements.
The school was conceived by Prof. Nimbe Adedipe, the first substantive Vice-Chancellor and was opened for admission of pupils and commencement of academic activities by Prof. Julius A. Okojie on Monday 6th October, 1997 under the Committee Management of Dr. (Mrs.) P.O. Fayemi as the Chairperson.
The school started with One hundred and six (106) pupils for Nursery I, II, and Primary 1 with Mrs. E.A. Popoola as the Headmistress, Mrs. O.B. Barnabas as the Assistant Headmistress, four class teachers, one teaching assistant and two administrative staff. The school has been waxing stronger since inception in 1997.
The school is administered by 41 seasoned and qualified teaching staff, 6 class attendants.
The current Head Teacher is Mrs. Florence B. Alade while Mrs. Margaret O. Olukehinde and Mrs. V.O. Ammeh are the Assistant Head Teachers.
It is good to inform you that our pupils’ performances in common entrance examinations into secondary schools have always proved the high standard of the school. The pupils are admitted into secondary schools of their choice after writing the entrance examinations which shows that their performances in the entrance examination are impressive.
In fact, some good secondary schools have been coming to request to have our pupils in their schools. Also, it is pertinent to note that we have not gone to any competition without coming back with a prize.
The school is situated in a serene environment, away from the noise, hustling and bustling of the city. The school has an effective and reliable bus service that conveys pupils to school and drop at various bus points. The school has a functional and well-equipped computer laboratory with a stable internet facility.
The colour of the school uniform is Green and Yellow which are the official colours of the University.
- To be acknowledged cradle of learning where children are given a hearty and healthy start in life, taking them from known to unknown thereby capturing and enhancing their full potentials so as to perfectly fit into the egalitarian society with the aid of qualified teachers and quality resources.
- To give qualitative education to future leaders;
- To produce self-confident, morally upright, academically sound and God-fearing children;
- To serve as a welfare package for the staff of the University;
- To be of immense relevance and assistance to the host community.
- To raise intellectual pupils who are morally good and academically sound;
- To provide children of University staff quality primary education at subsidised rate.
- To raise excellent future leaders;
- To raise intellectual pupils for admission into secondary schools;
- To impact the three major Nigerian languages and French language into the pupils.
- Participating in Literary and Debating activities;
- Participating in various educational and co-curricular competitions within and outside the state;
- Holding of Bi-Annual Inter-House Sports Competition;
- Holding of Annual Prize-Giving Day
- Going on excursion to places of interest
- Parents’ Readers day;
- Girls’ Guide club;
- Cub scout (Boy’s scout);
- Parents-Teachers Interactive day;
- Mathematics (competition) Day;
- Information Communication Technology Day;
- Founders’ Day;
- Languages’ Day.
The School Anthem:
FUNAAB Staff School on solid foundation
Moving with time, the school of excellence
Built on knowledge, the school of achievement
Based on wisdom and strength
FUNAAB Staff School
FUNAAB Staff School
FUNAAB Staff School
Here bounds moral and
Here dwells standard
Let the glory shine round the world.