The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) was established on September 17, 2007 due to remarkable growth of the University in the last two decades. The Office is aimed at assisting with the routine duties of the Vice-Chancellor and actualising FUNAAB’s landmarks of excellence and smooth performance of the system.
The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor on the following matters:
- All-Academic matters such as:
- Academic Policy, Development, Administration, and Review
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate course programmes
- Other Senate matters, and
- Academic Service Division which provides educational academic staff development and learning support functions
- Represents the Vice-Chancellor as and when required;
- Supporting Colleges in the development and implementation of Academic Rolling Plans;
- Serves as the Chairman of the Academic Staff Development Committee;
- Coordination and academic oversight of educational activities of other campuses;
- Liaising with the University’s commercial arm(s) to provide the strategic overview of academic development and planning;
- Chairing of all Ad-hoc Review as delegated by the Vice-Chancellor; and
- Performing other functions and duties as may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.