SERVICOM means Service Compact with all Nigerians. It is a social contract between the Federal Government of Nigeria and its people to promote effective and efficient service delivery in MDAs, ensure customer satisfaction and manage the performance – expectation gap between Government and citizens as well as other members of the public on issues of service delivery. It is about prompt service delivery for customers’ satisfaction.
SERVICOM Unit was created by the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta in December, 2015 following Federal Government directive for all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of Government. It is distinct from the SERVICOM Committee which comprises representatives of all units, departments and colleges within the University. SERVICOM gives citizens the right to demand for better service
- To deliver services to customers in a transparent, prompt and courteous manner;
- To provide adequate and relevant information channelled through and effective communication network to clients/customers at all service points;
- To provide customers access to effective service delivery devoid of undue delay;
- To give adequate consideration to customers with special needs in the University;
- To monitor all the service points in the University for quality service delivery;
- To coordinate the efforts of the University Management to develop and implement quality service;
- To provide effective complaints procedure and redress mechanism;
- To disseminate best practices and other tips on service delivery improvement in the University.
Structure of SERVICOM Unit
The unit is under the office of the Vice-Chancellor and it is headed by a Focal Officer. There are three Critical Desk Officers in the unit, namely;
- Charter Desk Officer;
- Customer Care/Complaints Desk Officer; and,
- Service Improvement Desk Officer in addition to other support staff.