E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Department: Animal Production and Health
Academic Rank: Reader
Dr. Lawrence Tokunbo Egbeyale was born on January 23, 1975 at Itire, Lagos State to Chief Emmanuel Adeola and Mrs Rachael Omolere Egbeyale who hailed from Ilua, Kajola Local Government, Oyo State.
He attended Baptist Primary School, Ilua (1982 – 1987), Okeho-Iganna Grammar School and Ansar-Ud-Deen High School (1988 – 1994) both in Okeho, Oyo State. He later proceeded to the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (now Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta) where he obtained Bachelor Degree in Animal Science (First Class Division, 2004), Master of Agriculture and Doctor of Philosophy in Non-ruminant Production and Hatchery Technology in the year 2007 and 2010, respectively.
He served his father’s land as a member of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) at Teachers’ Training College, Gwio-Kura, Yobe State (2004-2005). After his service year, he joined the service of the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta in 2005 in the Department of Animal Production and Health as a Graduate Fellow which later converted to Graduate Assistant in 2007. He rose through the ranks to Senior Lecturer in 2016.
His service within the University are;
- Secretary, Department of Animal Production and Health, (2007 – 2011),
- Member, College Board of Animal Science and Livestock Production (2008 till date)
- COLANIM Representative in Time Table and Examination Committee
- Departmental Examination Officer
- Member of College Committee on Examination and Results (COCER)
- Member of University Ceremonial Committee
- Departmental Postgraduate Coordinator.
Scholarship, Academic Honours and Membership of Learned Societies
He has numbers of distinctions, honours and awards. Such achievements are,
- Federal Government Scholarship (2003),
- Best graduating student in the College of Animal Science and Livestock Production (the College comprises of five Departments) in 2004,
- Ogun State Printing award for the best graduating student in the College of Animal Science and Livestock Production (2004),
- University of Agriculture Graduate Fellowship for Postgraduate studies (2006-2007)
- Member, Nigerian Society for Animal Production
- Member, Animal Science Association of Nigeria
- Member, World Poultry Science Association
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Animal Science
- Member, British Society of Animal Science.
- External Examiner for 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 for National Diploma student, Department of Animal Health and Production, IAR&T Moor Plantation, Apata, Ibadan
Service to Community
- Assistant Programme Coordinator, Youth Fellowship, Victory Baptist Church, Obantoko, Abeokuta. 2006 – 2008.
- Bible Study Coordinator, Victory Baptist Church, Obantoko, Abeokuta, 2008 – 2011
- Secretary, Youth Fellowship, Victory Baptist Church, Obantoko, Abeokuta, 2009 – 2013
- Programme Co-ordinator, Youth fellowship, Victory Baptist Church, Obantoko, Abeokuta, 2013 – 2016
- Coordinator, Teenager’s Church, Victory Baptist Church, Obantoko, Abeokuta, 2012 – 2016
- Treasurer, New-Life Zone, Kemta Apakila Community Development Area, Abeokuta. Nov 2016 to December 2018
- Chairman, Itesiwaju – Apakila Community Development Area, Abeokuta, April 2018 till date
His research areas focus on management of hatchery operation and the use of medicinal plants as a replacement for the use of antibiotics in field of poultry and rabbit production since there is prohibition on the use of antibiotics due to their residual adverse effect. He had supervised 64 undergraduates, 3 Postgraduate diploma, 26 Master and 5 PhD students. He has forty-seven articles in learned Journals and thirty-five papers in referred conferences proceedings.
Egbeyale L.T. is happily married to Mrs. Grace Oluwatoyin Egbeyale and God has blessed the union with children.
Last Updated on February 12, 2020 by IT Staff