Degree: DLS, B. A. (Edu), MLS.
Tel: 234-8035617706, 08058872108
Department: University Library
Academic Rank: Principal Librarian
Research Interest: Cataloguing & Classification, Publishing, Library Management, School Media.
ACADEMIC DEGREES WITH DATE
• Masters in Library, Archival & Information Studies 2001
• Bachelor of Arts (Ed) G & C/Religious Studies 1998
• Diploma in Library, Archival & Information Studies 1990
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATE
• University of Ibadan (MLS) 1999 – 2001
• Ogun State University (now OOU), Ago-Iwoye 1992 – 1997
• University of Ibadan, Nigeria (DLS) 1988 -1990
• Oke’badan High School (WAEC) 1979 – 1984
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
· Nigerian Library Association (NLA)
• Nigerian School Library Association (NSLA)
• West African Library Association (WALA)
• Publisher Association of Nigeria (PAN)
PRIZES, HONOURS, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION
GNS 204 -Use Of Library
Projects and Dissertation
A. PUBLISHED JOURNAL ARTICLES
1. LAWAL, W. O. (2002). “Communication Strategies as Effective Means of Information Dissemination in Selected Nigerian University Libraries”. African Journal of Education Management 10(1) 195-205.
2. LAWAL, W. O. (2002). “Legal Issues in Publishing: The Basic Publisher’s Fronts” UNIQWA Research Chronicle, 4(1) 229-317.
3. LAWAL, W. O. and AMUSA, O. I. (2005). “Library and Information Services: The Need for Their Promotion in Ogun State, Nigeria” Lagos Journal of Library and Information Science, 3(1), 32-42.
4. LAWAL, W. O. (2007): “Availability, Accessibility and Use of Information Sources as Precursors of Research Productivity of Medical Scientists in the College of Medicine, University of Ibadan”. Journal of Library and Information Science, (JOLIS). 4(1&2) 59-72.
5. LAWAL, W. O. and BELLO, T. (2009). “A Survey of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Availability and Use in Selected Private Secondary School Libraries in Ibadan Township, Oyo State”. Journal of Library, Educational Media and Information Studies (JOLEMIS). 1, 86-100.
6. LAWAL, W. O. and OJO, R. A. (2008). “Information Technology use and Perceived Impact on Learning among Post Graduate Students of Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye”. International Journal of Applied Psychology and Sport Performance (IJAPSP). 2, 127-149.
7. LAWAL, W. O. and AZEEZ, N. A. (2011): “Towards a Secured Digitalized Library: Challenges, Solutions and Implementation” International Journal of Library Science (IJLS). 3(J11) 95-106.
8. LAWAL, W. O. (2010). New Media in Educational Challenges for Media specialist in Nigeria Educational Systems. Journal of Library and Information Sciences (JOLIS). 7(1&2) 112-138.
b. CONTRIBUTION TO BOOKS
1. LAWAL, W. O. (2000): “Readers Services” in OYESIKU, F. A. (ed.) Fundamental of Library Practice in Nigeria. Ikeja: Higher Education Book Publishers. 60-73.
2. LAWAL, W. O. and BANWO, C. O. (2009): “Strategy and Delivery of Information to the Impaired Adult and Children in Nigeria. Current Trends in Library and Information Science; Essay in Honour of Late O. K. Odusanya. 289-298.
3. LAWAL, W. O. and ADEKUNMISI, S. R. (2011) Library Development and Use for Agricultural and Rural Transformation in Nigeria in ADEYOYIN. S. F. (ED). Rural and Agricultural Sociology in Nigeria,- Ile-Ife: Nigeria Rural Sociological Association (NRSA) with Ankold Publishers. Letter of Acceptance Dated 13th January, 2011 Attached.
4. LAWAL, W. O. and OSHINUGA, I. D. (2011) “A Guide to Internet-Based Research and Open Access. –Ibadan: Rasmed Publication.
Last Updated on April 12, 2019 by admin