The Media and Farm Broadcast Programme is the media resource arm of the Agricultural Media Resources and Extension Centre (AMREC) saddled with the responsibility of translating agricultural research findings into agricultural media materials with main emphasis on video, audio and extension publications for dissemination to stakeholders in agriculture across the Southwest Nigeria.
- Audio-visual production;
- Farm Broadcast (Radio & Television) and Agricultural media production;
- Photography and Video Coverage;
- Graphic Arts support services; and
- Information and Publicity.
- Translate agricultural research findings to agricultural media materials with main emphasis on video, audio and printed materials for dissemination of information to farmers;
- Provide media communication support for teaching, research and extension services; and
- Use a two-way communication channel to cross-fertilize ideas between the farming populace and the academic community.
- Provision of media and communication support facilities for training, research and extension activities;
- Translation of agricultural research findings into agricultural media materials (print and electronic) for dissemination of information to farmers;
- Documentation of extension and outreach programmes of the University;
- Production of radio programmes to disseminate information and agricultural technologies to address farmers’ challenges;
- Liaison with radio and television stations to broadcast and telecast agricultural media productions to the farmers; and
- Publication of proven technical/extension materials, reports and proceedings emanating from the outputs of researchers and subject matter specialists.