Functions and Activities
Plan the Establishment and Maintenance of all Landscaping projects (lawns, hedges, trees, shrubs, walkways, kerbs, Parks and Gardens, etc.) within the University Campus;
- Promote tree planting especially shade and fruit trees within the University Campus landscape;
- Establish a Plant Nursery for the propagation and raising of seedlings of shrubs, trees, hedges, etc. for internal use and sales to Staff and the public;
- Regulate and advise on matters relating to the greening projects of the University;
- Providing recreation and leisure grounds for Students, Staff and the University community through the development of open spaces, Parks and Gardens;
- Grants permits for the usage of designated open space, Park or Garden managed and maintained by the Unit;
- Provide practical training and exposure to Students and the public (sometimes in collaboration with relevant colleges and department) in the following areas;
- Plant propagation techniques
- Plant nursery establishment and maintenance
- Landscaping and landscape management.
- Machinery and equipment in landscape management.
- Sustainable landscape management, greening and beautification
- Entrepreneurship in horticulture and landscaping.