Functions and Activities
- Ensure cleanliness of University Buildings and Environment which is complemented by the services of a number of Cleaning/Waste Management Contractors which are directly supervised by the Unit ;
- Evacuation and Disposal of Solid Waste materials on Campus;
- Provide Fumigation and Pest Control Services within the University Campus;
- Cleaning of Roads and Drainages;
- Regulation and control of use of open spaces and commercial environment;
- Running and maintenance of Comfort Stations that are strategically located across the campus.
Currently, the Directorate cares for about 500-600 hectares of the University’s 10,200 hectare of land being the built-up areas and undertake other responsibilities of general nature such as:
- Handling of the disposal of expired and disused documents and papers;
- Fire tracing around areas prone to dry season fire;
- COVID-19 decontamination of the Campus;
- Annual tree planting exercise.