B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
a. A Highly Selective and Sensitive Pyridylazo-2-naphthol−Poly(acrylic acid) Functionalized Polymer Fluorescence “Turn-off” Chemosensory System for Ni2+
b. Poly [β-(1→4)-2-amino-2-deoxy-D-glucopyranose] Based Zero Valent Nickel Nanocomposites for Efficient Reduction of Nitrate in Water.
(ii) In progress
a. Inorganic Chemistry Specialist: Nanotechnology Solutions for Drinking Water. A Water Research Commission (WRC) sponsored project, South Africa (2010-2013)
b. Team Leader: Development of water purification electrospun nanofiber mat technology from snail shell for Nigerian households. A Emeral/ALCS sponsored project in association with INASP and the African Engineering Education Association (AEEA) (2011-2012)
Grahamstown, South Africa. 2010 – 2011
With INASP and the African Engineering Education Association Research
Fund Award 2011 to DateChinese Academy of Science (CAS)/Academy of Science for the
Used at the Institute of Chemistry Chinese Academy of Science
Beijing, China 2005 – 2006Late Dr. Mrs. Apampa Best Graduating Student Award
Nigeria 1994 –1995
University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria 1991– 1992Departmental Proficiency Award
Director, Centre For Internationilasation & Partnership (CENIP)
• Science Association of Nigeria – Member from 1995
• Chemical Society of Nigeria – Member from 2006
• African Materials Research Society (MRS) – Member from 2007
• High-Tech Polymer Materials Society (HTPM) China – Member from 2007
• Institute of Chattered Chemist of Nigeria (ICCON) – Professional Member 2007
1) 33rd Annual International Conference, Wprkshop and Exhibition of the Chemical Society of Nigeria (CSN), 20 – 24 September 2010, Abeokuta, Ogun State. Equilibrium removal efficiencies of Nickel Metal ion using Chitosan. (Oral Presentation)
2) 5th International Conference of the African Materials Research Society and NIMACON, 14 – 18 December 2009, Abuja, Nigeria. Nanoparticles formed by complexation of poly [β-(1→ 4)-2-amino-2-deoxy-D-glucopyranose] with lead ions (Oral presentation)
3) 16th International Symposium on Homogeneous Catalysis, 6 – 11 July, 2008, Florence, Italy. Ethylene Oligomerization Capability of Ni (II) Complexes Containing Monoiminopyridine-Quinoxalinyl Extended Ligands (Poster presentation)
4) 4th International Conference of the African Materials Research Society, 10 – 14 December 2007, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Coordination Biopolymeric Complexes: Selectivity and Retention capacity of chitosan for cadmium and lead ions (Oral presentation)
5) 4th International Symposium on High-Tech Polymer Materials Synthesis, Characterization and Applications, 14 – 20 , May, 2006, Beijing, China Synthesis, Characterization, and Ethylene Oligomerization and Polymerization of [2,6-Bis(2-benzimidazolyl)pyridyl]chromium chlorides (Poster presentation)
1. Ph. D Thesis – Transition Metal Complrxes of Mercaptoethylphosphonates and Tridentate Ligands Bearing N^N^N and N^N^O Donor Atoms: Synthesis, Crystal Strucures and Catalytic Application to Ethylene Oligomerization
2. M. Sc. Dissertation – Mechanistic Studies of Inorganic and Organometallic Systems.
3. B. Sc. Project – Starch Availabilty In Vitro in different Yam Preparations.
Articles in Learned Journals
1) *Adewuyi, S., Ondigo, D. A., Zugle, R., Tshentu, Z., Nyokong, T. and Torto, N. (2012): A highly selective and sensitive pyridylazo-2-naphthol-poly(acrylic acid) functionalized electrospun nanofiber fluorescence ‘‘turn-off’’ chemosensory system for Ni2+. Analytical Methods. 4; 1729─1735. Published by Royal Society of Chemistry. Available on line at www.rsc.org/methods doi: 10.1039/C2AY25182E
2) *Darko, G., Sobola, A., Adewuyi, S., Okonkwo, J. O. and N. Torto, N. (2012): Pre-concentration of toxic metals using electrospun amino-functionalized nylon-6 nanofibre sorbent. South African Journal of Chemistry. 65; 14─22. Published by The South African Chemical Institute. Available on line at http://journals.sabinet.co.za/sajchem
3) *Adewuyi, S., Sanyaolu, N. O., Akinremi, C. A. and Amolegbe, C. A. (2012): Preparation of chitosan based zerovalent nickel nanocomposites by a reductive facile method. Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2(1); 175─178. Academy Publisher, USA. Available on line at http:/www.academypublish.org
4) *Bamgbose, J. T., Bamigbade, A. A., Adewuyi, S., Dare, E. O., Lasisi, A. A. and Njah, A. N. (2012): Equilibrium Swelling and Kinetic Studies of Highly Swollen Chitosan Film. Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. 6; 272─283. DPC Publisher, Illinois, USA. http:// www.davidpublishing.com
5) *Adewuyi, S., Sanyaolu, N. O., Amolegbe, S. A. Sobola, A. O. and Folarin, O. M. (2012): Poly[β-(1→4)-2-amino-2-deoxy-D-glucopyranose] based zero valent nickel nanocomposite for efficient reduction of nitrate in water. Journal of Environmental Sciences. Accepted
6) *Amolegbe S. A., Adewuyi S., Akinremi C.A., Lawal A., Obaleye J.A. and Atayese, A. O. (2012): Mn(II), Ni(II) & Cu(II) Complexes Of Artmisnin Derivatives. Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Activities. Pacific Journal of Science And Technology. 13(1): 424-429. Published by Akamai University, Hilo, Hawali, USA, Available online at http:// www.akamaiuniversity.us/PJST.html
7) Adewuyi, S., Kareem, K. T. Atayese, A. O., Amolegbe, S. A. and Akinremi C. A. (2011): Chitosan–cobalt (II) and nickel (II) chelates as antibacterial agents. International Journal of Biological. Macromolecule. 48; 301─303. Published by Elsevier. Available on line at ScienceDirect http:/www.sciencedirect.com doi:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2010.12.004
8) Adewuyi S., Sanyaolu N., Ayedun H. and Amolegbe S. A. (2011): Synthesis of poly [β-(1→ 4)-2-amino-2-deoxy-D-glucopyranose]/lead nanocomposites. Scientific Research and Essays 6(1); 157─161. ISSN 1992-2248 ©2011 Academic Journals, Available online at http://www.academicjournals.org/SRE
9) Obaleye, J. A., Amolegbe, S. A., Adewuyi, S., Sun W. –H. and Oshodi, M. D. (2010): Some Transition Metal Complexes Bearing Artemisinin Derivatives and (N-N-O) Tridentate Chromium (III) Complexes Ligated by 2-benzoImidazo-yl-6-acetyl-pyridines for Catalytic Behaviour towards Ethylene. Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. 4(12); 23─32. DPC Publisher, Illinois, USA. http:// www.davidpublishing.com
10) Bamgbose J. T., Adewuyi S., Bamgbose O. and Adetoye A. A. (2010): Adsorption kinetics of cadmium and lead by chitosan African Journal of Biotechnology. 9 (17); 2560─2565. ISSN 1684–5315 © 2010 Academic Journals, Available online at http://www.academicjournals.org/AJB
11) Adeoye, M. D., Adeogun, A. I., Adewuyi, S., Ahmed, S. A., Odozi, N. W and Obi- Egbeedi N. O. (2009): Effect of solvents on the electronic absorption spectra of 9,14-dibenzo (a, c) phenazine and tribenzo (a, c, i) phenazine. Scientific Research and Essays 4 (2); 107─111. ISSN 1992-2248 © 2009 Academic Journals, Available online at http://www.academicjournals.org/SRE
12) Adewuyi, S., Kareem, S. O., Kareem, K. T. and Ojo, I. A. O (2008): Late Transition Metal Complexes with Functionalized Mercaptoethylphosphonates Ligands and their Efficacy against Fungal Pathogens of Cow-Pea. Tapas Institute of Scientific Research and Development, International Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences. 4 (1); 110─117. Available online at http://www.ajol.info/index.php/ijonas/issue/view/5173
13) Asma, M., Adewuyi, S., Kuang, X., Amin, B. and Sun, W.-H. (2008): An Improved Synthetic Protocol and Plausible Mechanism in Forming Acetylpyridines from 2,6-Dicarbethoxypyridine. Letters in Organic Chemistry 5; 296─299. Bentham Science Publisher, USA, Available online at http:// www.ingentaconnect.com/content/ben/loc/2008/00000005/…/art00011
14) Adewuyi, S., Akinhanmi T. F., Taiwo, E. O. and Adeyemi, A. A. (2008): Chelation of Zinc (II) Metal Ion From Waste Water With Biopolymeric Chitosan Ligand Produced From Snail Shell. J. Chem. Society Nig. 33 (2); 46─49. Published by Chemical Society of Nigeria, Nigeria. Available on line at http://www.chemsocnigeria.org/Journal.html
15) Adewuyi, S., Li, G., Wang, W. Hao, P., Sun, W.-H., Tang, N., and Yi, J. (2007): Nickel (II) Complexes Chelated by 2-Quinoxalinyl-6- iminopyridines: Synthesis, Crystal structures and Ethylene Oligomerization. Journal of Organometallic. Chemistry. 692; 3532─354. Published by Elsevier. Available on line at ScienceDirect http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/
16) Hao, P., Zhang, S., Sun, W.-H., Shi, Q., Adewuyi, S., Lu, X. and Li, P. (2007): Synthesis, Charcterization and Ethylene Oligomerization Studies of Nickel Complexes Bearing 2-Benzimidazolylpyridine Derivatives. Organometallics. 26; 2439─2446. Published by American Chemical Society. Available on line at http://pub.acs.org/journal/orgnd doi: 10.1021/om070049e
17) Adewuyi, S., Odukoya,O. O. and Sotomi, A. A. (2006): Effect of Some d-block Transition Metals on the Growth of Colletotrichum lindemuthianum Isolated from Cowpea Seeds. Scientia Africana 5(1); 45─52. Faculty of Science, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Available on line at http://scientia-africana.uniportjournal.info/ journals.html
18) Yusuf, A. A., Adewuyi, S. and Lasisi, A. A. (2006): Physico-Chemical Composition of Leaves, Meals and Oils of Fluted Pumpkin (Telfairia occidentalis) and Melon (Citrillus vulgaris). Agricultural Journal 1(1); 32─35. Published by Medwell Academic Publisher, Available on line at http:// www.medwelljournals.com/
19) Bamgbose, J. T., Demehin, A. A. and Adewuyi, S. (2004): Effects of raw and processed African yam bean seed flour on the red blood cells of Winster albino rats. West African Journal of food and Nutrition 7(1); 58─64. WAJFN, Nigeria.
20) Yusuf, A. A., Adewuyi, S. and Fetuga, G. O. (2003): The Nutritive value of Mucuna sloanei seed flour. International Journal of Chemistry 13(1); 39─44. Institute of Science & Technology, Calcutta, India.
Edited Conference Proceedings:
1) Adewuyi, S. and Adeoye, M. D. (2008): Kinetics Involving Divalent Zinc Ions Complexation with Chitosan: Application to metal Ion Extraction: Proceedings 3rd International Conference of College of Natural Sciences, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta for Science and Natural development (ICSND), O. E. Asiribo and J. A. Oguntuase (Eds.) 47 – 50. Published by COLNAS
2) Adewuyi, S., Amolegbe, S. A., Ojo, I. A. O., and Odukoya, O.O. (2008): Unique Ethylene polymerization and Oligomerization with Tridentate Chromium Complexes Acvtivated by Various Al-Alkyl Cocatalyst: Proceedings 1st Chemical Society of Nigeria (CSN) Kwara Chapter Conference, F. A. Adekola, G. A. Olatunji and E. O Odebunmi (Eds.) 67 – 73. Published by CSN, Kwara Chapter.
1) Adewuyi, S., Adhiambo, D., Tshentu, Z., Torto, N., (2010). Use of electrospun nanofibrous polymer as highly responsive fluorescence quenching-based detectors for metal ions WRC Report No. 1991/9/10 Water Research Commission, South Africa.
Award of First Degree to deserving graduands