Professor Lawrence Kunle Kehinde, a former Engineering Dean and University Deputy Vice Chancellor, received his B.Sc 1st class Hons in Electronics (1971) at Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Nigeria, and a D.Phil, Control Engineering (1975), at the University of Sussex UK. He had his Post Doctoral Studies in Nuclear Instrumentation at University of California, Berkeley USA (1977-1978) as an IAEA Fellow. He has spent most of his years as a Professor of Instrumentation Engineering at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. He was the Rector of the first private Polytechnic in Nigeria. A few years back, he concluded a 3-year Visiting Professor term at the Texas Southern University, Houston Texas USA. He has worked in Techno-Managerial position as the Director of ICT at OAU for years. His major field is Instrumentation Designs and has designed equipment, two of which had received British patents in the past and currently one Nigerian patent. He has published over 100 academic publications. He was the founding Principal Investigator of a University’s iLab research and he currently designs real and virtual experiments for remote experimentation and mechatronics engineering. He is a Chartered Engineer, a Fellow of the Computer Professional Nigeria, a member of ASEE and senior member of IEEE and SCIREA.
B.Sc. (Ife); PGD; Ph.D (UK); Post Doc. Dip. (USA)
1. L.O. Kehinde, L.A. Buraimoh.Igbo; “Automatic Noise Measuring Equipment”, Nig. Patent 44009, 1981 British Patent GB 20987338, 1984.
2. L.A. Buraimoh-Igbo, L.O. Kehinde, A.O. Adebona; “Diffusive Resistance Measuring Equipment” Patent No.4471 Nigeria 1991, British Patent GB 2101746, 1984.
3. L. O. Kehinde, J. O. Utulu, O. D. Oderhohwo, O. Ogunlade Medical Electronic Percussion Appliance (MEPA) Patent No. NG/PT/NC/2016/1957 – August 2017; Patent Certificate 001048
1. K.O.Alawode, A.M.Jubril,, L.O.Kehinde, P.O.Ogunbona, “Semidefinite programming solution of economic dispatch problem with non-smooth, non-convex cost functions”. Electric Power Systems Research, Elsevier; Volume 164, Pages 178-187; November 2018,
2. Olawale B. Akinwale, Lawrence O. Kehinde (2017) “An Update to the iLab Shared Architecture for Mobile Device Support” International Journal of Online Engineering (IJOE), Vol 13, No.2 Austria; January 2017
3. Olawale B. Akinwale, Lawrence O. Kehinde (2017) “Data Compression for Remote Labs”, International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM), Vol II, No 4, 2017, pp 95-113
4. Olubiyi Akintade, Lawrence O. Kehinde, “Comparison of Data Fusion Techniques for Human Knee Joint Range-of-Motion Measurement Using Inertial Sensors” International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, IJEEE,.USA, Vol 5, No. 2, pp 127-134; April 2017.
5. Olaide O. Kazeem, Olubiyi O. Akintade*, Lawrence O. Kehinde (2017), “Comparative Study of Communication Interfaces for Sensors and Actuators in the Cloud of Internet of Things” International Journal of Internet of Things Vol 6, No. 1, pp 9-13, 2017
6. Obasegun Tekena Ayodele; Kazeem Olaide Olawale., Olubiyi O Akintade, Lawrence O. Kehinde, “Development of an Interface and Connectivity Platform for a Basic IoT Training Module”. COMPUTERS IN EDUCATION JOURNAL, Volume 8, Issue 3, September 2017
7. K.O.Alawode, A.M.Jubril,, L.O.Kehinde, P.O.Ogunbona, “Semidefinite programming solution of economic dispatch problem with non-smooth, non-convex cost functions”. Electric Power Systems Research, Elsevier; Volume 164, Pages 178-187; November 2018
Award of First Degree to deserving graduands