Mrs. Sekinat Arike Sanni-Bamigbade is an expert in Marketing Management and Consumer Behavior. She obtained her Master of Science (MSc) in Marketing Management from the University of Southampton, United Kingdom, in 2016. Prior to this, she achieved a First-Class Division Bachelor of Science (BSc) in International Finance from Eastern Mediterranean University, North Cyprus, Turkey, in 2014, with the honor of receiving the Vice Chancellor Scholarship for Distinction Students during both her MSc and BSc programs.
With a strong background in Marketing Management and a keen interest in Consumer Behavior, Consumer Insight, and Entrepreneurship, Mrs. Sanni-Bamigbade embarked on her academic career as an Assistant Extension Fellow at the Agricultural Media Resources and Extension Centre. Her academic role is based in the Department of Business Administration at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, where she began her tenure on January 29, 2019.
During her tenure at the University, she has held various roles, including her current position as the 200-Level Course Coordinator in the Department of Business Administration within the College of Leadership Development Studies (COLENDS). She also contributes her expertise as a College Board Member at COLENDS.
Mrs. Sanni-Bamigbade's research is dedicated to understanding consumer behavior and promoting sustainability in the field of functional foods. With an MSc in Marketing Management, she offers a unique perspective at the crossroads of marketing and agriculture. Her teaching responsibilities at the University include Business Administration, International Marketing, and Consumer Behavior courses at the undergraduate level.
Beyond the classroom, she engages in extension activities related to sustainable farming, rural livelihood improvement, and welfare enhancement aimed at eradicating hunger, malnutrition, food insecurity, and poverty. As a mentor, Mrs. Sanni-Bamigbade has successfully guided eleven undergraduate students and is currently supervising five more. She has twelve publications in national and international journals, along with three refereed conference proceedings. She has also actively participated in training and workshops in Nigeria. Her commitment to skill enhancement and comprehensive collaboration reflects her dedication to advancing her field.
M.Sc. United Kingdom (2016)
a) The Impact of Social Media Marketing on Consumer Purchasing Behavior in the apparel Industry.
b) Adolescent Consumer Behavior and Sustainable Functional Foods.
Vice Chancellor Scholarship Award for Distinction Students (B.Sc and M.Sc), 2011 – 2016
a) Nigeria Institute of Management
b) Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN)
1. Oke, F. O., Kareem, I. A., Oose, M. O., Bamigbade-Sanni, S. A. and Ogbogu, N. P. (2022). Socioeconomic Analysis of Artisanal Fish Production Output in Badagry Local Government Area of Lagos State, Nigeria. Proceedings 56th Conference of the Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN), 113-118. Published by Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN).
2. Akinbola O. A., Sanni S. A., Akinbola, O. S. (2017). Entrepreneurship Support Agencies (ESA) and Development of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Nigeria, Africa. Leadership and Development in Africa: Trends and Future Outlook. 3rd Faculty of Administration International Conference (FAICO), Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, 27th to 28th November, 2017..
3. Abiodun, A. J., Akinbola, O. A., and Sanni, S. A. (2017). Correlates between Leadership Styles and Employees’ Turnover in Nigeria Organization. A paper presented at Lagos State University, Ojo, Faculty of Management Sciences, Department of Business Administration Annual Conference held between 8th and 10th of November, 2017. Themed: Managing Organizations in a Turbulent Environment for Economic Recovery.
1. Oke, F. O., Kareem, I. A., Bamigbade-Sanni, S. A., Akerele, D. & Oose, M. O (2023): Impact Assessment of Cooperatives on Food Security among Catfish Farming Households in Oyo State, Nigeria. African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development, 23(4): 23081-23098. Published by African Scholarly Science Communications Trust (ASSCAT), Kenya Available online at https://doi.org/10.18697/ajfand.119.21765. Indexed in Scopus.
2. F.O. Oke, Kareem, I.A., Bamigbade-Sanni, S. A., Oose, M. O., and Olayode, A. K. (2022). Economic Analysis and Determinants of Maize Production in Oyo State, Nigeria. Nigeria Agricultural Journal, 53 (1), pp. 60-66. Published by Agricultural Society of Nigeria. Available online at https://www.ajol.info/index.php/naj/article/view/227574.
3. Kareem I. A., Oke F. O., Bamigbade-Sanni S. A., Animashaun G. F. And Adegbite D. A. (2022). Economic Analysis And Determinants Of Agroforestry Production In Ogun State, Nigeria. Lasu Journal Of Engineering, Science And Technology, 3(2). Published by Lagos State Nigeria.
4. Sanni, S. A. (2022). Consumer-Brand Knowledge and Relationship Dynamics of the Market space for Bournvita Beverage Drink. Nigeria Journal of Management Sciences, 23 (2), pp. 56-65. Published by Rivers State University, Port Harcourt. Available online at https://nigerianjournalofmanagementsciences.com/consumer-brand-knowledge-and- relationship-dynamics-of-the-marketspace-for-bournvita-beverage-drink/.
5. Akinbola, O. A., Sanni, S. A., Akinbola, O. S., and Akintoye, Z. A. (2022). Drivers of Customer’s Tipping Behaviour in Restaurants in Lagos State, Nigeria. Nigeria Journal of Management Sciences, 23(1), pp. 44-56. Published by Rivers State University, Port Harcourt. Available online at https://nigerianjournalofmanagementsciences.com/drivers-of-customers-tipping-behaviour- in-restaurants-in-lagos-state-nigeria-akinbola-o-a-sanni-s-a-akinbola-o-s-akintoye-z-a/.
6. Akinbola, O. A, Kowo, S. A., Sanni, S. A., and Akinbola, O. S. (2022). Effect of Enterprise Creativity on Business Competitiveness of Confectionery Business in Ogun State, Nigeria. Journal of Management Sciences, 4(4), pp. 283-298. Published by Faculty of Management Sciences, Federal University Dutsin-Ma Katsina State, Nigeria.
7. Akinbola, O. A, Babatolu, A.T., Sanni, S. A., and Akinbola, O. S. (2020). Influence of Strategic Factors on Early Internationalization of Small and Medium Enterprises in Nigeria. Studia commercialia Bratislavensia, 13(44/2), pp. 76-86. Published by University of Economics in Bratislava, Faculty of Commerce. Available online at https://scb.euba.sk/index.php/blog-7/108-akinbola-olufemi-amos.
8. Akinbola, O. A, Otokiti, B.O., Akinbola, O. S., and Sanni, S. A. (2020). Nexus of Born Global Entrepreneurship Firms and Economic Development in Nigeria. Economic and Managerial Spectrum, 14(1), pp. 52-64. Published by University of Zilina, Slovakia. Available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.26552/ems.2020.1.52-64.
9. Akinbola, O. A., Kowo, S. A., Akinbola, O. S., and Sanni, S. A. (2019). International Business Environmental and Constraints of Small and Medium Enterprises in Nigeria. Convenant Journal of Business and Social Sciences, 10(1), pp. 58-72. Published by Convenant University Nigeria. Available online at https://journals.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/index.php/cjbss/article/view/1605.
10. Akinbola, O. A., Sanni, S. A., and Akinbola, O. S. (2019). Entrepreneurship Support Agencies (ESA) and Development of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Nigeria. Economic Studies & Analyses/Acta VSFS, 13(1), pp. 29-43. Published by University of Finance and Administration, Czech Republic. Available online at https://www.vsfs.cz/periodika/acta-2019-1- 02.pdf.
11. Akinbola, O. A., Alaka, N. S., and Sanni, S. A. (2018). Exploring Relationship between Organizational Learning and International Business Performance. LASU Journal of Employment Relations and Human Resource Management, 1(1), pp. 274-284. Published by Department of Employment Relations and Human Resource Management, Lagos State University, Nigeria. Available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.36108/ljerhrm/8102.01.0113.
12. Akinbola, O. A, Sanni, S. A., and Akinbola, O. S. (2018). Appraisal of Entrepreneurship Capacity Programs and Internationalization of Small and Medium Enterprises in Nigeria. Acta Universitatis Danubius. Œconomica Journal, 14(6), pp. 72-89. Published by Faculty of Economic Sciences, Danubius University, Galati, Romania-Europe. Available online at https://journals.univ-danubius.ro/index.php/oeconomica/article/view/5010/4673.
Award of First Degree to deserving graduands