Prof. Sunday J. Ojolo holds a PhD degree in Farm Power and Machinery from University of Ibadan in 2004. His area of specialisation is in Machinery development, Manufacturing Engineering and Energy Systems. He was appointed as an Assistant Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering in 1998 and at present he is an Associate Professor of Machine Design and Manufacturing Engineering in University of Lagos since 2016. He has published over 70 research papers in reputable journals (mostly international) and more than 20 papers in international conference proceedings. He has supervised 4 PhD Thesis, 50 Master Projects, and 70 BSc projects. He is a member of America Society of Mechanical Engineers, Nigeria Society of Engineers; Fellow, Nigeria Institution of Mechanical Engineering; COREN Registered Engineer. He is a member of the Technical Committee on Mechanical Standards of Standards Organisation of Nigeria and Rehovot Municipal Community of Israel. He has won grants from Weitz Centre for Development Studies, Israel; Laioning Institute for Energy Research, China; British Council; and TETFund. He was Acting Head of Department of Mechanical Engineering, Covenant University, Ota (2010); University of Lagos (2012/2013). He was the Acting Director of Information and Telecommunications Center, Bells University, Ota (2018). He is on the editorial board of 5 reputable international journals. He is a consultant to many industries.
1. Ojolo, S.J. and Ogunsina, B.S. (2007). Development of a cashew nut cracking device. Agricultural Engineering International, vol. IX, pp 1-10.
2. Ojolo, S.J., Amuda, M.O.H., Ogunmola, O.Y., Ononiwu, C. (2008). Effects of some straight
biological oils on cutting force during cylindrical machining. Revista Materia, vol. 13, no. 4, pp 650-663.
3. Ojolo, S.J., Oke, S.A., Dinrifo, R.R., and Adesegha, D. (2010). An ergonomic evaluation of computer workstation in a small-scale cybercafé in Nigeria. Journal of Ergonomic Society of South Africa, vol. 22, no.1, pp 17-35.
4. Ojolo, S.J., Damisa, O., Iyekolo, O. (2011). Investigation into the effects of solid lubricant on the surface characteristics of some metals during orthogonal machining. Journal of Engineering, Design and Technology, vol. 9, no. 2, pp 130-142.
5. Ojolo, S.J., Ismail, S.O., Yusuf, T.O. (2013). Theoretical determination of temperature field in
orthogonal machining. International Journal of Engineering and Technology Innovation, vol. 3, no. 4, pp 240-253.
6. Ojolo, S.J., Olatunji, O., Orisaleye, J.I. (2016). Ergonomic evaluation of cashew nut shelling machine. Agricultural Engineering International. CIGR Journal, vol. 18, no., pp 167-179.
7. Ogundare, A.A., Ojolo, S.J., Mba, D., Fang, D. (2017). Review of faults detection techniques for health monitoring of helicopter gearbox. Advanced Technologies for Sustainable System, vol. 4, pp 125-136. (Springer)
8. Ojolo, S.J., and Eweina, B.A. (2017). Predicting cashew nut cracking using hertz theory of contact stress. Journal of Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences, (Elsevier).
9. Zhou, L., Fang, D., Mba, D., Wang, W., Ojolo, S. (2018). Using frequency domain analysis techniques for diagnosis of planetary bearing defect in a CH-46E helicopter aft gearbox. Engineering Failure Analysis, vol. 92, pp 71-83. (Elsevier).
Award of First Degree to deserving graduands