Close this search box.

FUNAAB Holds Orientation Programme for Part-Time Degree Students

Published On:

March 6, 2024

By Emeka Oluka, Olaoye Oyewole & Tofunmi Adebayo

The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) has held an Orientation Programme tailored for the weekday-evening students of the Part-Time Degree Programme (PTDP).

Speaking at the event, the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Babatunde Kehinde congratulated the newly-admitted students, emphasising FUNAAB’s standing as one of Nigeria’s leading universities, and boasting a commitment to quality assurance across its myriad programmes, with over 98% holding full accreditation and a remaining 2% under interim evaluation.

Represented by the Coordinator, PTDP, Dr. Adeyinka Aladesida, the Vice-Chancellor said that FUNAAB is one of the few universities in Nigeria authorised by the National Universities Commission (NUC) to administer Part-Time Degree programmes.

Representative of the Vice-Chancellor and the Coordinator, PTDP, Dr. Adeyinka Aladesida (3rd Left); representative of the Director, Directorate of Academic Planning, Mrs Catherine Egbuna (2nd Left), other staff members of PTDP after the Orientation Programme

Affirming the maturity and success of the University’s Part-Time Degree Programme since its inception in 2007, he lauded its track record of graduating numerous sets of students through its weekend offerings.

Highlighting the programme’s stability and flexible calendar, Prof. Kehinde stressed the significance of the orientation session in acquainting students with University protocols, cautioning against engagement in anti-social behaviours.

In his speech, the Director, Directorate of Academic Planning, Prof. Olajide Sogunle, represented by the Senior Planning Officer in the Directorate, Mrs. Catherine Egbuna, the Director conveyed the Management’s joy for the students in choosing to embark on the academic journey.

Prof. Sogunle described their choice of FUNAAB as a good one, and portrayed the University not merely as an educational institution but as a platform for self-discovery, skill cultivation, and forging of friendship.

He stressed the adherence to University regulations and fostering positive relationships with Lecturers as essential ingredients for a fulfilling experience at FUNAAB.

The University Counsellor, Dr. Modesta Ofodile urged the students to uphold integrity and shun unregistered associations and examination malpractices, emphasising the importance of character in their academic and personal endeavours.

The University Counsellor, Dr. Modesta Ofodile briefing the new students on the importance of character during the event

According to her, students must instill a sense of dedication towards their academic pursuits.

The Assistant Coordinator of PTDP, Dr. Esther Odjegba, from the Department of Water Resources Management, issued a call to action for students to strive for excellence from the outset of their academic journey.

She cautioned against indecent dressing and reminding them of FUNAAB’s zero-tolerance policy in this regard.

With the comprehensive orientation, FUNAAB sets the stage for its newest members to embark on a journey of academic growth, personal development, and institutional engagement.

Last Updated on March 12, 2024 by Olasunkanmi Olajide



More on FUNAAB News

Send Us A Message

Times Higher Education (THE)
World University Rankings (WUR) for 2024

rANKING OF UniversitIES of Agriculture


30th Convocation Ceremonies

Award of First Degree to deserving graduands