The Department of computer was an arm of the then mathematical sciences department established in 1988 at the inception of Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. During the 2005/2006 Session, the Department of computer science evolved to become a unique academic division in the production of highly trained graduates and postgraduates in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology.
Staffs members of the Department are fore front in the recent areas of computer research work. This has enabled her to produce quality graduates who are now occupying various positions in public and private organizations.
PHILOSOPHY AND OBJECTIVES
The programme is designed to give students the opportunity to obtain a broad knowledge in both theory and practice of Computer Science. Students are trained to write programs for solving different real life problems. Such training will lead to the production of skill manpower that is adequately furnished with the current and comprehensive knowledge of Computer Science as well as Information and Communication Technology.
The objectives of the B.Sc. degree in Computer Science are to
- stimulates sustained interest and enthusiasm in Computer Science and its applications the students
- trains students the necessary computing knowledge and skills required to provide effective and timeless computing service to industries, banking and other sectors.
- produce professionally trained and skilled manpower that would be able to develop internationally acceptable software applications.
- provides students with basic network and hardware knowledge needed for modern day practice in information and communication technology.
- trains students with a solid foundation in computer science and knowledge that are required for post graduate studies and research ; and
- inculcate in the students the culture of focused and continuos skills required for carrying out research work in any field of computer science