The Junior Staff Establishment Unit which was formerly under the Directorate of Establishment and Human Resources is in charge of matters concerning the Junior Staff Personnel of the University.
The function of the unit is to assist the Registrar in running administrative matters of the University concerned with junior personnel as regards:
- Processing staff leaves such as Examination leave, maternity leave, annual leave and entitlements;
- Appointments and promotions of Junior Staff as well as confirmation of Appointments;
- Handling Junior Staff disciplinary matters;
- Interpretation of rules and regulations of the University to guide Management in decision making;
- Implementing Management decision as they relate to junior members of Staff;
- Processing of retirement papers for retired junior members of Staff;
- Preparing Staff nominal roll for general Administration.