The Council Affairs Office is in charge of matters concerning the Governing Council of the University. The functions/mandate are to:
- serve as Secretariat for the University Governing Council and its Committees;
- look after the welfare of Council members whenever they visit the University;
- assist Council and its committees to administer capital projects and coordinate the pre and post-contract activities of Consultants and Contractors;
- handle registration of Contractors, Consultants, etc. for the University; and
- undertake any other Council matter appropriate for the University.